DMD 0.148 release

Ivan Senji ivan.senji_REMOVE_ at _THIS__gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:00:09 PST 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:
> Derek Parnell wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:05:13 +1100, Georg Wrede <georg at nospam.org> wrote:
>

>>> We've all had our fights with C, C++, and other related languages.
>>> But  honestly, how many of us can confess to having problems with
>>> logical  values?
>>

>> Me.
>>
>>> And if someone here has such problems, I suggest switching to VB.
>>

>> I am also a VB coder and I'm not a language bigot.
>

> Oh. I'm sorry. I'll try not to mention VB in the future.
>
> ---
>
> I think we've gotten it backwards here, so let's turn the table:
>
> Can you give some example code and use cases where we absolutely need
> your kind of booleans?

Ok, I'll give an example of that right after you give an example of why
and where this is needed/good/(not extremly bad):

   bool a, b, c;
   a = true;
   b = true;
   c = true;

   a = b+c; // true + true is what?

   if(5) //if 5 what? what does that mean (except nothing)?
   {
     writefln("5");