DMD 0.148 release

Tom Tom_member at pathlink.com
Sun Feb 26 15:59:58 PST 2006

In article <dttblu$2hr6$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Tom says...

>In article <dtsj9u$1l2s$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Wang Zhen says...
>>
>>Tom wrote:
>>> In article <dtsgbj$1h6u$3 at digitaldaemon.com>, Kyle Furlong says...

>>> I'd like to hear the answer :) .
>>> Have to stay at the purists side on this one. I like bool to be bool cause I'm
>>> that kind of guy that can't tolerate inconsistence (however I do tolerate it
>>> cause don't have much of a choice right now) and I'm putting all my hope in D.
>>> However both (the purist and the pragmatic) ways could coexist in the same
>>> language I guess.
>>>
>>> Tom;
>>

>>I'm curious to know how you can tolerate the much impure int and real
>>types while highly demanding a pure boolean. An integer bool is at least
>>a superset of true booleans. Does that really bother people more?
>
>I think people learns to tolerate things. It's just a matter of time. And now
>that you mention it, it doesn't bother me *that* much. Now it is more like a
>preference to me.

Sorry didn't understand before (part because of english not being my "home
language" and part because of being distracted). Derek answered well to that.
Now here is my thinking: if you don't like abstraction high level languages
offer, please go back to C or even to assembly so you never forget you're
dealing with transistors :P (just a joke)

Tom;