DMD 0.148 release

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Sun Feb 26 16:43:13 PST 2006

Tom wrote:
> Georg Wrede says...
>> Ivan Senji wrote:

>>> Could it be that I missunderstood you? By your kind of booleans did you
>>> mean the true non-integer booleans? If so, that is what the example dow
>>> there is for: showing why we need real bools.
>>>
>>> And if I did missunderstand something I apologize (it's late).
>>
>> No problem. The way this whole thread is going, half the time everybody
>> is clueless. :-)

>> bool foo = 55 && 5000;
>
> Oh my God!

> Really I can't see yet why you don't like the pure bool. We should see an
> example of why pure bools would bother you so much.

In this post alone, there's a half dozen references to "my kind of bool"
or "your kind of bool", by various people.

Probably somebody should start making a table of their properties! :-)

And if they don't, we could always examine this thread later, and I bet
we could find one or two pairs of folks vehemently arguing, and it'd
turn out "their bools were the same", only they didn't notice.