Ares 0.15 release

Hasan Aljudy hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 00:29:26 PST 2006

bobef wrote:
> One thing that I do not understand is why 'the second coming' of phobos
> is needed?
>
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>
>> This version is compatible with DMD .148 and, as of 0.14, should also
>> compile on Linux with DMD.  There have also been some additions to
>> std.atomic, and the std.math package is coming along fairly well.  It
>> can be obtained in the usual place:
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/ares/
>>
>> Please see the Ares forum or the included changelog for a more
>> detailed list of updates.
>>

>> Sean

I appreciate the efforts being done, but I just can't go thru the
trouble of literally *replacing* phobos on my system with Ares. I just
can't be bothered with that.
I don't recompile phobos or do any of that crazy stuff (not to mention
compile a linux kernel!!)

I recently discovered that Mango is actually not only for server side
programming but a very good library/framework.

What I'm trying to say is, why not instead of replacing phobos *from
scratch*, just build a usable framework on top of it!!