DMD 0.148 release

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:23:34 PST 2006

Tom wrote:
> In article <du002m$2pnp$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Ivan Senji says...
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> The problem in all these bool wars so far is I never saw an argument
>> that would be against true booleans (while(BooleanExpression) and all
>> that...).
>
> Yes, PLEASE, WHY?? Just ONE argument against pure bools, only one and I shut my
> mouth forever!
>
> Tom;

I don't understand this either. Just because I did things in C/C++ (I
have used while(1) quite a few times before) I don't see how this
affects D. It may be a surprise coming from C/C++, but it can't be that
hard to change while(1), to while(true).

The only argument I can see against it is existing D code that uses
while(1). But then why should progress be inhibited by past mistakes...
well I guess it's common for system languages, just look at the stuff
C/C++ has trouble fixing... :)

I'd even be willing to convert everyones D code for them... um, I hope
there aren't too many D programmers out there :)