DMD 0.148 release

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 28 02:42:59 PST 2006

"Tom" <Tom_member at pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:du049t$2uv2$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Yes, PLEASE, WHY?? Just ONE argument against pure bools, only one and I
> shut my
> mouth forever!

One should be very careful about stepping away from C's implicit promotion
rules for a language that aims to be a successor to C. C absolutely *buried*
Pascal.

Pascal didn't have implicit type conversions. That meant that typical Pascal
code was littered with casts. It was ugly, and I'd argue that casting
reduces type safety, rather than enhancing it.

Pascal played catchup ever since, adopting features of C. Then Pascal++
(i.e. Modula 2) came out, which was promptly buried by C++.