DMD 0.148 release

James Dunne james.jdunne at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:37:09 PST 2006

Tom wrote:
> In article <du187e$14bk$4 at digitaldaemon.com>, Walter Bright says...
>
>>"Derek Parnell" <derek at psych.ward> wrote in message
>>
>>>[snip]
>

>>As far as I'm
>>concerned, arguing about it is like arguing over if the { goes on the same
>>line or the next :-)
>

> No no no, excuse me, nobody argues that because everybody knows that '{' and '}'
> goes in the next line, NEVER IN THE SAME!! :P
>
> Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D
>
> Tom;

Gosh I couldn't stand looking at all those wasted lines.  C# default
style is the worst, luckily I can change it in VS.Net 2003.

My vertical screen space is limited; I'd prefer getting as big a picture
as I can get on the screen at once, especially seeing as how my sight is
surely going and my fonts are getting bigger.

And spaces for indentation?  Oh please, this is what we have tab
characters for.  And why the hell do they want to stay at 8 characters
wide?  Sure this works for C code, but now we've got many more coding
practices and constructs for langauges that *require* more nesting of
branches, hence more tabs, and hence a more horizontal exspanse of code.
  Nothing is wrong with your code and you simply shouldn't have to break
things up into functions.  2 is too small, 8 is too big -- 4 is just
right :)  3?  Who invited you? =P

--
Regards,
James Dunne