D has low down to number 21!

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 07:58:15 PDT 2006

Jeremy wrote:
> In article <e8d4fs$150p$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Boris Wang says...
>> http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm.
>>
> I know! :( However, I think "Ruby" and those other languages popping up in the
> list are advertised more (e.g. tutorials showing on Slashdot, digg)... D just
> isn't "in your face" like many other languages :-\

I think it's because D is still smoothing out some rough edges, as in
const, private import, raii and auto, etc. Once the rough edges are more
well defined (and hopefully more intuitive), the language will be more
concrete which should open up the doors for more development. I just
hope the "rough edges" aren't left in because it's "too late" to change.

Lucas