GDC 0.19

Fredrik Olsson peylow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 22:17:11 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund skrev:
> David Friedman wrote:
>
>> Binaries are now available!
>>
>> Download here:
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=154306
>

> Excellent work!
>
> Since there is now full support for Mac OS X 10.4 (GCC 4.0.1)
> and Windows MinGW (GCC 3.4.5) directly "from the source" so to
> speak, there is less need for the gdcmac and gdcwin projects...
>
> Will do some experiments, see if this can replace my packages ?
> I can build another version of the Mac and Win binaries, just
> wondered if there is any need for them to exist any longer...
>
> And I needed to document the package build process anyway :-)

Please do continue with gdcmac, it adds greatly to my experience. I just
love to only need to worry about the actual task, not how to be able to
start tackling the task.

I think there is need for gdcmac, gdcwin, and probably packages for say
Ubuntu/Debian, and a few other linux distros as well. The easier, and
more "like the rest" it is to install gdc, the more likely that even
more people pick it up and use it.

// Fredrik Olsson