DMD 0.160 release

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 13:05:25 PDT 2006

"Walter Bright" <newshound at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:e5vard$26un$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> The web site has changed; it now uses style sheets for layout rather than
> tables and embedded formatting. I essentially learned how to do this from
> the many examples posted here of possible new layouts for the
> documentation pages. Thanks to all!
>
> I don't think the style sheet currently used is as good as the ones you
> came up with - at this point I was just interested in getting the layout
> into the style sheet. Now, we can just work on improving the style sheet.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Thank you for the [static] assert messages.

o.new Inner?  Very cool.

Operator overloading of "in"?  Cool, but I can't seem to get it to work; I
don't know what argument and return types are allowed, as it's listed in the
Operator Overloading specs but has no documentation.  I tried:

class A
{
 int* opIn(char[] name)
 {
  return null;

void main()
{
 A a = new A();
 int* i = ("hi" in a);
}

And all it said was that the rvalue of an InExpression must be an AA.  I
tried a few different return types to no avail; I thought maybe it wanted a
pointer type (as that's what in returns for AAs) but it obviously doesn't
work.

Oh yeah, I really like the new "all links written in the exact same
location" look for the left sidebar in Firefox ;)  Never seen so much text
in one spot.