D has moved up to number 18!

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Tue Jun 6 06:05:19 PDT 2006

Don Clugston wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>>> "Walter Bright" <newshound at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
>>> news:e62iae$13et$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>>>
>>> That's some serious wootage.
>>>
>>> Though what's with ColdFusion moving up to 20?  Wasn't that some kind
>>> of side-of-the-road web language in the late 90s?  Or has it had some
>>> kind of revival?  And Visual FoxPro too.. weird.
>>
>> I can't say why those have jumped up like they have, except to say
>> that maybe it had something to do with TIOBE revising their query(ies)
>> a while back.
>
> I think it's got more to do with this:
>
> http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~GettingGoogledForTheTiobeMetricsCount

Heh, heh - The few Foxpro developers I know are really pragmatic and
getting together and "gaming TIOBE" for the good of Foxpro would be
right up their alley <g> Hats off to them :)

The last updated date on that corresponds to when the "jump" started to
happen, I think...

Still, it does speak to at least an active Foxpro community out there yet.