OT: a bit cheeky..

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Wed Jun 7 07:25:54 PDT 2006

Well, tables should generally be used for tabular data.  I'm a big
advocate of semantic usage.

When I say "wrong", I just mean, "it makes your site not as semantic."
Unfortunately, I sometimes end up using a table here or there to make a
browser happy when there's no other way... but tables inside tables
don't happen to often.

The practical reason is that tables are dynamically sized.  Browsers
have to reflow the content, more than once, to draw a table.  It's much
more involved than just a div.  This also often causes it to work
better, though (depending on implementation.)

A lot of people who use CSS heavily or tell you to switch to CSS these
days want, for some reason, to make sure "table" never appears on their
entire page.  This freaks me out, because a table is the absolute best
way to show... a table.

And the reflow problem isn't much of one unless it means recursively
reflowing each nested table, so that's not a reason either.  Anyway,
it's not long either.

Just my opinion.

Anyway, let me know if it works out :).

-[Unknown]