D has moved up to number 18!

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Thu Jun 8 19:48:20 PDT 2006

Dejan Lekic wrote:
> Mr. (or Mrs.) jcc7, thank you - i have tried to find that post myself, but
> failed! :)
> Yes, that is a very nice thread, with many good ideas which followed.
> In short, the basic idea is to move thread support INTO the language.
>
> Best regards!

I'd like to interject that, if more threading support is to be added to
the language, it may be worthwhile to look into moving away from 'native
threads' (including pthreads) into something more lightweight as the
internal basis for D threading. Like the recently posted StackThreads
library maybe(?). Many other languages (especially functional languages)
are taking this approach - better performance, flexibility and portability.

IMHO, it be best to either a) release v1.0 w/ thread support as-is and
redesign it for v2 or b) delay v1 until it has any improvements Walter
may deem worthy, because I can only see MT as becoming hugely important
in the next couple of years.