Build version 3.01

dickl dick221z at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 08:00:26 PDT 2006

I still have a problem.. you must have missed  the last 3.00 post

Anyway.. Optlink doesn't always create the executable correctly if the
linker options are on a separate line (after the .res file)

e.g. the ksp file created looks like this

foo.obj
foo.exe
foo.map
kernel32.lib+user32.lib
foo.def
foo.res
/noi/map

for Optlink to form the executable correctly it need to look like this

foo.obj
foo.exe
foo.map
kernel32.lib+user32.lib
foo.def
foo.res/noi/map

I have 1 project where the problem doesn't occur and another (much
larger) where it does.

The change I made to build.d looks like this (in build())

		lCommandLine.length =lCommandLine.length-1; // removes the trailing \n
so the linker switches are on the same line as the resource file

                 // (7) Gather then switches
                 lCommandLine ~= vLinkerDefs;
                 lCommandLine ~= lLinkerSwitches;
                 lCommandLine ~= "\n";

The hack works for me, but I won't pretend to know if it will work in
all conditions.

Dick