Automatilc e-mail crach reporting

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Thu Jun 15 09:53:39 PDT 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>
>> /* * Hacked this together, though y'all might like it. <g>* */

>> encapsulate an e-mail logging system.
>

> Excellent!
>
> IMNSHO This ought to be in both Phobos and Ares.

IMNSHO if it end up in there , it had better be *off* by default.

version(EMAIL_DUMP) pragma(msg, "WARNING: E-mail crash reporting ON.")

version(EMAIL_DUMP) scope(failure) email.log(...

I can just see someone getting 100,000 emails from a one line bug, and
of course someone will keep using the broken version until who only
knowns when. Hmmm.. A timeout feature in send() might not be a bad idea
("don't send e-mails after...").

OTOH I think I might have posted a broken version. Could someone test it
out and such?