DMD 0.161 release

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Wed Jun 21 07:35:15 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:
>> David Medlock wrote:
>>> New delegate syntax looks great, can't wait to try it!
>>
>> Excellent. It's good to see that Walter likes many of the good features
>> in Ruby. Some Java/C++ -fanboys might say that they're pure syntactic
>> sugar, but trust me - they have lost their sanity long time ago ;)
>
> It's possible to go too far with conciseness (APL and Perl show that!),
> but in general being able to write what you mean with a minimum of fuss
> makes for a more productive language.

I like most of the new features in D. They are both efficient and productive
and still quite easy to use. Other than array literals and some polishing
of interfaces, imports and templates there is not much left to make D the
next king in it's class. I'm more than grateful for the experience I've had
exploring the world of D.

--
Jari-Matti