MiniD dsource project set up

Rémy Mouëza Rémy_member at pathlink.com
Mon Jun 26 13:49:56 PDT 2006

In article <e7pe35$1ote$1 at digitaldaemon.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jari-Matti_M=E4kel=E4?= says...

>Rémy Mouëza wrote:
>> Actually, I think that I am too demanding with a for-fun project. Maybe I should
>> keep quiet and implement my own Pythonish/Smalltalkish language in D.
>
>I guess there's not much use to make yet another scripting language
>unless it's a for-fun project. You might want to try Ruby. It has many
>features in common with D. I'm not sure if someone has already made an
>attempt to implement a Ruby interpreter in D.

I've tried to learn Ruby several times, but I did not manage to get really
interested and keep going mainly because it has all the good things I like in
Python ( and even code blocks ŕ la Smalltalk ) but seems to have a little less
clear syntax. It made me stick to Python. And D of course.

As I know Python more than Ruby, maybe I should look forward using PyPy to
implement a Python interpreter in D.
The problem also is that I want to do too much things... and don't have time to
do them all.