MiniD dsource project set up

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Mon Jun 26 15:11:27 PDT 2006

Rémy Mouëza wrote:
> I've tried to learn Ruby several times, but I did not manage to get really
> interested and keep going mainly because it has all the good things I like in
> Python ( and even code blocks à la Smalltalk ) but seems to have a little less
> clear syntax. It made me stick to Python. And D of course.

I myself am starting to like Ruby - pure OOP :) Reminds me of Smalltalk,
Perl and D - in a good way.

> As I know Python more than Ruby, maybe I should look forward using PyPy to
> implement a Python interpreter in D.

There's already PyD, http://dsource.org/projects/pyd. But it's only a
wrapper around existing stuff. Perhaps converting existing code would be
much easier from projects like Jython / IronPython since they're already
syntactically almost like D.