D DBI has been revived

James Pelcis jpelcis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 16:34:55 PDT 2006

Hello Everyone.

A bit over a year ago, Jeremy Cowgar started this project. While he did
an excellent job, he hasn’t been heard from in over a year. I started
working on this project in April and I hope to do as well as Jeremy did,
but be here to stay.

D DBI has also been updated today to version 0.2.0. The information is
available on the changelog at
http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddbi/wiki/ChangeLog. The API was
slightly changed, so be sure to take a look at it.

Brad has informed me that he is working on FreeTDS, which should give us
MSSQL and Sybase support. I have also been working on interfacing D DBI
to several other databases. The three that I currently have under
development are InterBase, mSQL, and Oracle. Which of those do you think
should be my highest priority?

With luck and a little work, hopefully D DBI can become as well known as
the Perl DBI library.

James Pelcis