DMD 0.149 release

David Medlock noone at nowhere.com
Tue Mar 7 19:27:58 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:dulcil$86q$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>> And if they give up on a language because of one new feature, they don't
>> deserve to be using it.
>
> My general experience with people who say "D is a great language, but I
> won't use it because of <minor nitpick> because <minor nitpick> is the most
> important thing in the world" is that they won't use it anyway, and are just
> looking for an excuse.

Thats true, but its not exactly what I meant.

I mean that its still adding corner cases to a simple construct.  Corner
cases make C++ the headache it is, but I am sure that each addition
looked really small at the time.

Ironically the declaration-in-for-statement is not really that important
in D thanks to foreach.

Its trivial though so I will withdraw my complaint.

Cheers.
-DavidM