DMD 0.149 release

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:48:34 PST 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:
> Lucas Goss wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> Changed on_scope keywords per the general consensus of the n.g.
>>
>> nooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I guess I was the only one that didn't
>> like the proposed change of scope(...). Inconsistencies in d drive me
>> mad (crazy). I love the language and hate it at the same time.
>
> What's the inconsistency here?

The inconsistency is in the style of the language. Where else in the
language is there a keyword inside another keyword? Yes I know exit,
success, and failure aren't necessarily keywords, but they are within
the context of scope() (or scope of scope, :) ). The only other instance
I can think of is switch(), but "case" is in the block of the switch
statement (not inside the parenthesis). All other keywords with ()'s
have expressions/conditions inside.

It kinda reminds me of the English language (my native tongue by the
way), where some things just stick out like a sore thumb...

Bologna - pronounced Bolony?

Well I guess it allows us to add stuff later, as in:
scope(creep)

hahaha... sorry I couldn't resist :)