Need: New newsgroup digitalmars.D.gripe

Bruno Medeiros daiphoenixNO at SPAMlycos.com
Thu Mar 9 07:23:06 PST 2006

Brad Roberts wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Jack Thorpe wrote:
>
>> I hate to start another flame war, but I hate flame wars!
>>
>> I come here to digitalmars.D.announce to find the latest releases of D and new D
>> software. But today, I almost can't find Walter's DMD 149 anouncement on the
>> first page anymore, and I checked late last night less than 11 hours ago!
>>
>> And really, I don't have time to scan three pages of new postings everyday :)
>>
>> Please, could we start a  digitalmars.D.design  newsgroup and let this list be
>> just for annoucements of new D software releases?
>>
>> Thank you, now flame away ;)
>>
>> -- Jack
>
> I too wish .announce was reserved for announcements and discussions moved
> to a more appropriate forum.  There's always .D for generic arguments. :)

If the discussion is closely related to the release, I'll probably keep
it on .announce, but if it is more big, significant or general than
that, yes, the best is to cross post to D (like Bools Reloaded), and
then stop replying on .announce.

Regardless, the original poster should get a better newsgroup client!

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student