DMD 0.149 release - What is missing from D?

MicroWizard MicroWizard_member at pathlink.com
Thu Mar 9 10:07:45 PST 2006

>My general experience with people who say "D is a great language, but I
>won't use it because of <minor nitpick> because <minor nitpick> is the most
>important thing in the world" is that they won't use it anyway, and are just
>looking for an excuse.

Absolutely agree.
I have told to many "friends" to check D site and tell me their opinions.
Most of them had excuses: no IDE, no GUI, no ... bla-bla-bla
And they use Visual Studio with Intellisense and such crap.

(I use DMD as regular compiler for small inhouse projects for two years. And I
really like it.)

D is not for every "code writer", it is for developers.

Tamas Nagy