DMD 0.149 release - What is missing from D?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Mar 13 05:18:12 PST 2006

Don Clugston wrote:

>>> The most severe symptom is that right now, D doesn't even have proper
>>> windows headers!
>>
>> But if you're not programming for Windows, that is not a problem... :-)
>
> True -- that's why I called it a symptom. The situation is no better for
> Linux, and seems like the Mac guys don't even have a compiler...

But is that a language problem ? Other than that D deliberately chose to
not be read-compatible with C headers, or linkable with C++ libraries ?

We all agree that a C-header-to-D-import module tool would be useful,
I think Walter even noted that on the DMD compiler page from the start.

But when I've translated the headers, the rest seems to be working...
Except for templates of course, but that's "just a Mac problem" eh ?

Just think that there are bigger bugs with Phobos than just missing
some Windows headers or having incomplete headers for the C stdlib...

I have a library here that I can compare implementations for, and out of
C++ and Objective-C and now D - the D version is the neatest one by far!

--anders