Crypto, deimos, and ares

Brad Anderson brad at dsource.dot.org
Thu Mar 23 15:00:40 PST 2006

Regan Heath wrote:
> You might be interested in some existing crypto work I've done:
>   http://svn.dsource.org/projects/deimos/trunk/etc/crypto/hash/
>
> The library "deimos" never really got off the ground, I think it may be
> tome to salvage what can be salvaged from deimos and put it somewhere
> else, perhaps in "Ares", Shaun? If the crypto stuff is unsuitable for
> any  reason let me know and I can re-work it.
>
> Regan

Woo Hoo!  Definitely send the crypto stuff to Ares if Sean will have it.  I
have a blowfish algorithm that I'm working on - not sure how it stacks up with
'r's version, but a consistent API for all of the crypto algorithms would be
great.

encryptString(char|wchar|dchar)
decryptString(char|wchar|dchar)

encryptFile()
decryptFile()

I'm not sure if this 'consistent' API is possible given the differences in the
crypto libs, or if it's a good idea at all.

BA