Yet another effort at translating the Win32 API headers

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 08:59:32 PST 2006

This project is now officially based on the public domain MinGW headers.
  I've translated a few more of the files on this basis, and rewritten
the instructions to make more sense to a translation from C headers.

I've also set up a page on Wiki4D to coordinate the project:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WindowsAPI

Now, who's going to contribute?

In line with comments from various people including Walter, my plan is
for the work to be public domain.  Is this OK with everyone?

The main open issue I can think of at the moment is what to do with the
Windows version CC stuff.

We could get rid of the CC and just compile everything in, but this'll
make it easy to lose track of the minimum Windows version an application
supports.  We probably don't really need to distinguish between
Win95/NT4 and earlier Win32 (Win32s, whatever else) anymore, but it
might still be worth doing it with some or all Windows versions since then.

Defining a set of version identifiers for the supported Windows versions
along the Win9x and WinNT lines is another possibility, but it'll take a
bit of work to determine how the #ifs should be converted.

This has also brought out my wish for a version import facility once
again....

http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/11981

Meanwhile, can we get away with supplying a set of command line files
for various Windows versions?

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.