Yet another effort at translating the Win32 API headers

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 05:40:37 PST 2006

xs0 wrote:
<snip>
> I think that the system is like this:
>
> _WIN32_WINDOWS is defined only for Win95/98/Me (the crappy ones)
> _WIN32_WINNT is defined only for Win NT4/2k/XP/Vista/... (the OK ones)

When one writes a Windows application, it is often hoped that it will
work on both lines of Windows.

> WINVER is defined for all Windows, and equals _WIN32_* for any given OS.
>
> Now, the above condition does have to use an ||, as it's never the case
> that both are defined. It's also true that it could simply be (in this
> case)
<snip>

So I'm writing my program for both Windows 98 and Windows 2000, what
versions should I set?

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.