Yet another effort at translating the Win32 API headers

jcc7 jcc7_member at pathlink.com
Fri Mar 31 13:12:56 PST 2006

In article <e0k1g0$du9$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Don Clugston says...
..snip...

>Anyway, I've converted winerror.h (using Excel this time, since it was
>so repetitive!). I think you'll like this one, I spent some time sorting
>the values.
>
>How about setting up a repository for this? Maybe resurrect one of the
>dead dsource projects which was attempting to do exactly this.
>D.announce is a terrible place to be submitting files to!

I think having a dsource project for this is a very good idea.

When you mention resurrection, do you mean like Core32. (For the record, I don't
think that Core32 is dead, but it might be sleeping. Or just lazy.) I don't
think Core32 is the best name. I think WindowsAPI or WindowsHeaders (or
something with Windows or Win in the name) would be better. Also, you probably
don't want to actually use any of Core32's existing files (due to the
questionable copyright situation). So I'd recommend just starting a new project
at dsource.

Or maybe you mean Deimos? That idea never really took off, but it was supposed
to be a place to submit files that might become part of Phobos.

Or you could start adding to Bindings without even asking for permission. ;)

jcc7