D multimedia programming - a new website

clayasaurus clayasaurus at gmail.com
Wed May 3 07:36:11 PDT 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:
> Tom S wrote:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I've created a new website, http://dmedia.dprogramming.com/ dedicated
>> to multimedia development using the D language. It will include
>> information about SDL, OpenGL, font rendering, sound, game programming
>> and more :)
>>
>> Its 'Tutorials' section currently contains one article - "Getting
>> started with SDL and OpenGL in D – Part 1". It's available at:
>> http://dmedia.dprogramming.com/Tutorials/SdlGlTutorial1
>>
>> If you have some multimedia programming knowledge you'd like to share,
>> you're welcome to join us and write a tutorial for the D community :)
>> In addition to the website, I've created a #dmedia channel on the
>> irc.freenode.net network, you can find some of us there and get more
>> information, e.g. about getting an account to edit the site.
>>
>> // this is a crosspost to D.announce and D.learn
>>

> Nice! (and a nice layout)
> I've started medelling with these things a few days ago, so I may help
> and/or learn from that site.
>
> In the tutorial #1, you didn't mention needing a .lib file for each of
> the SDL extensions.

Quote from tutorial...

"Derelict can be compiled into a set of .lib or .a files and linked with
your programs. However due to the Build utility, and the compilation
speed that DMD gives us, we can as well build it from sources each time
we compile a program that uses it. This will also prevent any eventual
linking problems related to having built Derelict with different options
than our program that we link against."