DMD 0.155 release

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 10:29:43 PDT 2006

"ElfQT" <dethjunk at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:e3ftla$1nec$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>> Newer windbg's don't seem to support codeview 4 debug info, which is
>> what dmd generates.
>
> What about Visual Studio 2003?
> I've tried it with my D code, and it seems to me that
> it knows everything windbg knows.
> I will look into this further... also with VS2005. I've just tried the
> debugger that's all.

I've tried to debug external executables in VS2003, but it only seems to be
able to attach to currently-running processes, making it useless for
debugging most things (i.e. pretty much anything that's not a GUI app and
which doesn't crash immediately).  Can you shed some light on this?

Instead, I use VS6, in which you can just open an EXE file, and start
debugging it.