DMD 0.155 release

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Sun May 7 23:48:19 PDT 2006

pragma wrote:
> In article <e3g20i$1udh$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Jarrett Billingsley says...
>> "ElfQT" <dethjunk at yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:e3ftla$1nec$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>>> What about Visual Studio 2003?
>>> I've tried it with my D code, and it seems to me that
>>> it knows everything windbg knows.
>>> I will look into this further... also with VS2005. I've just tried the
>>> debugger that's all.
>> I've tried to debug external executables in VS2003, but it only seems to be
>> able to attach to currently-running processes, making it useless for
>> debugging most things (i.e. pretty much anything that's not a GUI app and
>> which doesn't crash immediately).  Can you shed some light on this?
>>
>> Instead, I use VS6, in which you can just open an EXE file, and start
>> debugging it.
>>

> I'm only familiar with VS6* myself, but I vaguely recall that it has a
> properties panel for the current project, where you can set the EXE name to run
> when debugging.  After setting it, the IDE just hooks that program into the
> debugger when you start a debugging session.  Perhaps there's something similar
> in the more recent versions of visual studio for this.
>
> * - I really thing MS had it right with version 6.  Why they had to go and
> change it up and make it resource hog is beyond me.

Plus it moves your toolbars around mysteriously. I've never figured out
what it's doing. Moving from VS6 to VS2003 was the biggest productivity
mistake I ever made. Now with D, I'm enjoying using VS6 again.
I must confess, though, that my favourite Microsoft IDE was VC4. When
you pressed F1, 'Help' came up in 0.2 seconds, and it didn't mention
Visual Basic anywhere :-).