new domain: d-programming-language.org

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Tue May 9 07:29:57 PDT 2006

I took a few minutes and found a few - dlanguage, d-language, d-lang,
d-programming, etc.

Anyway, I usually think domains with more than 12 characters in them are
spam houses.... but that's just my initial impression - because that's
the overwhelming majority.

When I worked on forum software, we had the domain
www.simplemachines.org (being an organization named Simple Machines.)
At first, searching for "Simple Machines" put us nowhere - all that came
up were sites about levers and such.  Luckily, it's now pretty high up
in the results.

Google really doesn't care for the domain name, because some people
might register "sony-of-america.com" and that won't be the correct
domain for "sony of america".

Page Rank and such are really what matter.  That comes with time, links,
etc.  And for that, the domain could be "twoplustwoisfive.net".  It
wouldn't matter.

Anyway, it won't really matter much I suppose if the domain name is
long.  Most people these days use Google, autocomplete, or their
bookmarks, as you said.

-[Unknown]