new domain: d-programming-language.org

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 09:12:58 PDT 2006

Don Clugston wrote:
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
<snip>
>> Why not use Bugzilla for this?
>>
>> A lot of projects that use Bugzilla welcome feature requests through
>> it, including all Mozilla projects.  It's why there's an 'enhancement'
>> severity level.
>
> Walter said that it was an inappropriate forum for discussions about
> language features, and I agree with that (language features almost
> always require far more discussion than a browser feature). But I think
> it makes a lot of sense to put enhancements in Bugzilla once Walter has
> given an indication that he'll probably implement it. (I just did that
> for what I think is the only proposal I've made that falls into that
> category).
<snip>

The whole point of Bugzilla is to be able to track the status of bugs
and feature requests.  If the only acceptable status for feature
requests is "accepted", then this defeats the point.

My point is that we should be able to track the status of _all_ feature
requests, whether Walter has accepted them or not.

The simplest answer (to J-M's question at least) is to finally confer
official status on

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FeatureRequestList

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.