new domain: d-programming-language.org

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Tue May 9 09:30:21 PDT 2006

Stewart Gordon wrote:
> Don Clugston wrote:
>> Stewart Gordon wrote:
> <snip>
>>> Why not use Bugzilla for this?
>>>
>>> A lot of projects that use Bugzilla welcome feature requests through
>>> it, including all Mozilla projects.  It's why there's an
>>> 'enhancement' severity level.
>>
>> Walter said that it was an inappropriate forum for discussions about
>> language features, and I agree with that (language features almost
>> always require far more discussion than a browser feature). But I
>> think it makes a lot of sense to put enhancements in Bugzilla once
>> Walter has given an indication that he'll probably implement it. (I
>> just did that for what I think is the only proposal I've made that
>> falls into that category).
> <snip>
>
> The whole point of Bugzilla is to be able to track the status of bugs
> and feature requests.  If the only acceptable status for feature
> requests is "accepted", then this defeats the point.
>
> My point is that we should be able to track the status of _all_ feature
> requests, whether Walter has accepted them or not.
>
> The simplest answer (to J-M's question at least) is to finally confer
> official status on
>
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FeatureRequestList

Yes, that would help a lot. A logical next step would be to create a
short official syntax & description page for all approved features. Then
we (well, at least the most talented ones - not me :) could help develop
these things so that Walter could concentrate on the more important
matters. At least coding the proposed library code is relatively trivial
compared to the advanced compiler techniques and partly done in some 3rd
party projects.

--
Jari-Matti