new domain: d-programming-language.org

jcc7 jcc7_member at pathlink.com
Tue May 9 09:37:34 PDT 2006

In article <e3qf2b$2s5m$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Stewart Gordon says...

>Don Clugston wrote:
>> Stewart Gordon wrote:
><snip>
>>> Why not use Bugzilla for this?
>>>
>>> A lot of projects that use Bugzilla welcome feature requests through
>>> it, including all Mozilla projects.  It's why there's an 'enhancement'
>>> severity level.
>>
>> Walter said that it was an inappropriate forum for discussions about
>> language features, and I agree with that (language features almost
>> always require far more discussion than a browser feature). But I think
>> it makes a lot of sense to put enhancements in Bugzilla once Walter has
>> given an indication that he'll probably implement it. (I just did that
>> for what I think is the only proposal I've made that falls into that
>> category).
><snip>
>
>The whole point of Bugzilla is to be able to track the status of bugs
>and feature requests.  If the only acceptable status for feature
>requests is "accepted", then this defeats the point.
>
>My point is that we should be able to track the status of _all_ feature
>requests, whether Walter has accepted them or not.

Walter did ask us not to put feature requests into Bugzilla:
"Please don't add feature requests to the bug list."
http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D.bugs/6933

And it took us long enough to wear him down on the benefits of using Bugzilla
for bugs, so I think we should be grateful for what we have in that department.

>The simplest answer (to J-M's question at least) is to finally confer
>official status on
>
>http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FeatureRequestList

I think wiki pages can do a good job for tracking and discussing feature
requests (whether they're declared "official" or not).

jcc7