new domain: d-programming-language.org

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 10:39:25 PDT 2006

Carlos wrote:
> Cool!
>
> Have you decided on a design yet ?

What's wrong with the design we have at the moment?

> So far it seems to be down to
>
> http://hcoop.net/~natamas/d/template.html
> http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mockup5ey.jpg
> http://dworks.marte.ro/template1.png
> http://dworks.marte.ro/template2.png
<snip top of upside-down reply>

Please, not one that's just a huge graphic!

Seriously, while they may be just what the site might look like and the
HTML might have not yet been written, web design isn't about graphic
design.  It's about conveying information in such a way that it is
accessible to a variety of people in a variety of websurfing environments.

OK, so there is some importance in the visual presentation, but this is
only secondary to structure and usability.  In order to evaluate visual
designs for websites, we need to make sure they can be implemented in a
way that degrades gracefully and preserves accessibility.

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.