New linked list

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Thu May 11 18:58:39 PDT 2006

James Dunne wrote:

> The simplest answer is to trust the user to supply some unreserved words
> as hints to the compiler about what the loop's behavior is.

Yeah.  I wondered briefly if 'volatile' might suit, but I need to deepen
my understanding of optimizer techniques before going any further.  One
pretty basic question I had was whether a volatile statement is
basically a manually specified basic block or whether the restriction on
loads and stores doesn't apply in quite the same way to basic blocks.

Sean