DMD 0.157 release

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Thu May 11 23:41:18 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> Adds partial symbolic debug info support for Linux.
>
> (Doesn't look like much, but it's a lot of code to support this!)
>
> Doesn't yet do the internals of structs or classes.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Supporting struct and class internals would be great, but I guess we'll take
this some step at a time...

How about strings?  GDB seems to detect them as "unsigned long long"...
Once you get struct internals working, you should probably make dynamic
arrays structs, but until then, why not make strings appear as char*?  They
should then work with GDB, since DMD puts a null character in them.

If there's anything that GDB doesn't quite support, but DWARF seems to, then
let me know... No promises, but I'll poke around GDB and (if sucessful) add
stuff to the patch.  It's very possible that there's stuff for dealing with
classes and such in DWARF and GDB, but won't currently work with GDB since
GDB treats D code like C code.  I can probably fix at least some of that.

~John Demme