DCode 1.3 release

James Dunne james.jdunne at gmail.com
Sat May 13 00:13:58 PDT 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:
> James Dunne wrote:
>
>> Anders F Björklund wrote:

>>> Seriously, tabs are not *that* bad if everyone could just settle on a
>>> spacing for them (that isn't 8). Kinda like 8-bit character
>>> encodings, it works OK as long as everyone is "on the same page". (If
>>> only...)
>>>
>>> The only language I know getting serious hiccups from tabs is Python.
>>>
>>> --anders
>>

>> That's because someone had a brain-aneurism thought about using
>> whitespace indentation for scope control.
>>

> heheh, we've already gone over this once, but it was the other way
> around. We were talking about python, then we started talkig about how
> evil the tab character is!

But... I love tabs!  They're great for indentation, but they should not
be combined with spaces.  I *hate* arrowing through a bunch of spaces to
get to the start of a statement - tabs go much quicker.  Plus it's such
a hassle to reindent code with spaces when you're OCD about indentation
and code readability...

--
Regards,
James Dunne