New linked list

Klaus Oberhofer oberhofer at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 16 01:05:09 PDT 2006

"Andrew Fedoniouk" <news at terrainformatica.com> wrote in
news:e4689r$cmm$1 at digitaldaemon.com:

> "Chris Miller" <chris at dprogramming.com> wrote in message
> news:op.s9dvy3lhpo9bzi at moe...
>>A new linked list module has been released at
>>http://www.dprogramming.com/list.php
>> You may be wondering why another linked list; check out the FAQ to
>> see!
>
> Yep, intrusive lists are way to go.
>
> BTW: There was another one
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/dtl/378.html ,
> also intrusive list with support of hierarchical collections - trees.
>
> Andrew Fedoniouk.
> http://terrainformatica.com

Since I read an article from Jiri Soukup about intrusive data structures
back in 1998, I'm a lttle bit biased towards them. My Nova project on
dsource hosts currently implementations for

- intrusive single linked list
- intrusive double linked list
- intrusive doublelink
- intrusive red/black tree

See http://www.dsource.org/projects/nova/wiki/WikiStart

Previously I had implemented some of them in C++, but the template
system of D and the support for delegates improves the usability
a lot.

Further references for intrusive data structures are:

boost::intrusive - the idea to use accessor classes for Nova comes from
this project.

In the meantime Jiri Soukup drives his own open source project dedicated
exclusively to intrusive data structures. It is called incode and hosted
on sourceforge (http://incode.sourceforge.net).

Klaus Oberhofer