OT: Finland won the Eurovision Song Contest

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Sat May 20 15:59:47 PDT 2006

Sorry for wasting bandwidth:

Finland has won the Eurovision Song Contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably anybody outside Europe couldn't care less, and (to be honest)
probably most folks in Europe, too.

But for our National Pride, this is something that happens Once In a
Lifetime (as opposed to winning the World Championships in ski jumping
or ice hockey or F1). We've participated in the ESC the last 50 or so
years, and never have we scored better than 6th or so.

To summarise, I have a hard time staying in my pants, and this
particular OT-offense won't be repeated (by me) as long as I live.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!