Finland won the Eurovision Song Contest

Rioshin an'Harthen rharth75 at hotmail.com
Sun May 21 06:01:09 PDT 2006

"Lionello Lunesu" <lionello at lunesu.remove.com> wrote:
> Haven't watched the ESC in years. I find to way to politically loaded,
> hardly a contest. Also the songs are hard to tell apart from previous
> years, and from eachother. If you hear a song, within the first 10 seconds
> you should be able to tell whether it was an ESC song, or a 'commercial'
> one :)

I sincerely recommend you listen to the short demo available at
http://www.eurovisiondownloadshop.tv, it's certainly way different than the
other entries in the ESC.

> Congratulations nonetheless :)

Thanks! As a Finn myself, I'm ecstatic for the success of Lordi in the ESC.
Realistically, I had thought we'd be able to make the top 5 (our best
position so far has been 6th with Marion Rung's "Tom Tom Tom" back in the
70's, which has since been repeated once, as I recall), but to win the ESC?
It's something special, we've been trying for it for 40 years.