htod - convert C .h files to D import files

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon May 22 02:33:30 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

>> Q: Will there be source code later, for porting to GDC ?
>
> Sorry, but it's totally based on the C compiler. But that also means it
> could be done to gcc.

It doesn't have to be complete... As long as it's something like
"insert C/C++ front end here", it could then be adapted to GCC ?

Anyway, we can probably do a re-implementation from the documentation
but the more info you are able to provide the more similar they'll get.

If we can do a larger implementation test, like Dstress for the
compiler, then we can run that on the two "htod" to compare them...

Will do a spike / hack in a scripting language. "ghtod", I suppose. ?
Time will tell if that'll do, or if we need a "real" C or D program.

--anders