htod - convert C .h files to D import files

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 24 04:32:53 PDT 2006

Lionello Lunesu wrote:
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
>> byte, short, int and long are signed.
>> ubyte, ushort, uint and ulong are unsigned.
>>
>> Stewart.
>
> Yes, obviously. Interesting though that Walter himself wrote "sbyte" and
> didn't notice what was wrong with it :)
>
> There's something to be said for intuitiveness, even when it's not
> consequent.
>
> L.

Funny, I always thought having 'char' in C being signed unlike every
other integer type was hugely unintuitive.  Usually, the first thing I
do with a C or C++ program is something like this:

#define byte signed char
#define ubyte unsigned char

Otherwise I end up getting confused...

	-- Daniel

--

v1sw5+8Yhw5ln4+5pr6OFma8u6+7Lw4Tm6+7l6+7D
a2Xs3MSr2e4/6+7t4TNSMb6HTOp5en5g6RAHCP    http://hackerkey.com/