Promoting D projects (or internet marketing 101)

Tom tom at nospam.com
Wed Nov 1 06:28:49 PST 2006

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound at digitalmars.com)'s article
> Tom wrote:
> > I know that this isn't a trivial task, but it could certainly be
> > done.
> Actually, in the last go-round on all this, the website is now driven by
> one style sheet and one big Ddoc template. So, within limits, it
> shouldn't be too hard to do major global changes.

I know about the stylesheet thing, I've been following D newsgroups now for quite
some time :). You could improve a lot on the site as it is right now. The change
could be done gradually.

If you allow me, I would like to help improving the "look and feel" of digitalmars
(changing the stylesheet, template, submitting some images, etc.). Give me some
time (which I have so little lately), and I'll post some real alternatives for you
(and the community) to throw your opinions.

I'm genuinely interested in the "world domination" of the D programming language
=P, and I'm convinced that marketing is one of the most important things every
product need to be known. If the product is good (and in this case, I think it's
excellent), we can't fail.

Kind regards,
--
Tom;