Promoting D projects (or internet marketing 101)

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 07:17:22 PST 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> I think the (newly redone) Python site is very professional looking:
> www.python.org
>
> Ruby's site looks good too:
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/
>
> PHP is ok, but a little cluttered looking:
> http://www.php.net/
>
> Nemerle is a wiki, but it looks pretty nice:
> http://nemerle.org/Main_Page

All those sites look nice, but the php is way too cluttered indeed and
Ruby's, while nice looking, is not 'free-flowing'. This is like the zen
of css, all very nice and such but not even making use of this basic
html capability. imho, fixing your site to 800x600 is not the way to go.

> That said I like the curent D site.  A *touch* of color (preferably not
> more red) wouldn't hurt in softening the predominantly gray look.  But
> overall I think it looks fairly professional, except for MS-Paint style
> images here and there.
>
> --bb

I agree. A good looking site should be coupled with good and easy to
find content. The current D site has a lot of easy to find content,
which is most important. Note how much info there is on every page
without looking all cluttered and noisy like the php site, those make me
want to leave ASAP.