Promoting D projects (or internet marketing 101)

David Medlock noone at nowhere.com
Fri Nov 3 07:38:06 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> David Medlock wrote:
>
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> A lot of you are writing useful projects in D, useful code snippets,
>>> insightful commentary, etc. Much of this stuff gets reimplemented
>>> over and over because few are aware of the existence of it. We can
>>> stand on each others shoulders a bit more if we do a little less
>>> wheel reinvention.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Although not a project per-se I have a pool physics demo I wanted to
>> post up(I wrote it about 18 months ago and just found it again).
>>
>> Perhaps there is some free ftp room on digitalmars.com for such things?
>

> I think dsource.org is the right place for it.

Thats fine except I don't want to make it a full project.

If someone else wanted to make it into a full fledged pool game so be
it, but I don't have a keen interest in polishing it at the moment.

We should have a couple of demo apps perhaps that could be downloaded
when people download D.  Graphics/games would be ideal as they are
appeal to just about all programmers.

-DavidM