Promoting D projects (or internet marketing 101)

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sun Nov 5 08:46:26 PST 2006

Mike Parker wrote:

> Walter Bright wrote:
>

>> 6) Submit links to your project releases to www.betamarker.com. Submit
>> articles, tutorials, anything of interest to www.dzone.com, gamedev.net,
>> www.artima.com or even www.digg.com. Let us know so we can digg them! It
>> doesn't matter if the reference doesn't make it to the front page, it
>> will still help.
>
> I'd also suggest www.reddit.com.

>From now on I will put Digg and Reddit buttons on my blog posts, I submitted
one article myself to reddit, and I got about 100 hits from reddit within
the first 24 hours. Not sure how good marketing it will be for D, though,
far from everything is positive (or at least I don't pretend that D is
ready for primetime, and try to expose frustrations that seems to get lost
in the newsgroup) ;)

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net