serialization library

Christian Kamm kamm at nospam.de
Thu Nov 9 01:17:02 PST 2006

>> What it does not do/is missing:
>
> Endian issues?

Oh, indeed. It does not take care of them yet. Additionally, classes are
(if unregistered) identified by their mangled name, which might vary
between compilers, I think.

> Just a wish list item, but I'd prefer an actual "file format" library as
> opposed to a serialization library.  ...

I agree that it is not very well suited for writing/reading user data or
files with a long life-expectancy. It is very nice for temporarily
swapping data to disk and similar tasks, where the same process reads back
the data it wrote to a file earlier.

A full-fledged "file format" library, while being something very useful
I'd love to see as well, would be a project for another day though.

Christian