Making debian package for dmd.

Dawid Ciężarkiewicz dawid.ciezarkiewicz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:31:43 PST 2006

Lately, I've moved to ubuntu edgy and as I like to have clean and healthy
system I try not to install custom files in it.

So I need to make .deb for DMD. In attachment there is a debian subdirectory
that will "debianize" dmd.

To build your own .deb file you will have to:
1) download dmd.xxx.zip
2) extract it
3) move debian directory into extracted dmd dir so it looks like this:
 ./dmd/bin
 ./dmd/debian
 ./dmd/lib
  (...)
4) adjust dmd version in the first line of ./dmd/changelog
5) in the main project dir (`cd ./dmd`) run `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot`

And voila `cd ..; ls` - here are your precious debs.

NOTES: I'm not debian maintainer; I'm new to ubuntu; I don't think about
officially supporting dmd debianization - those names in files are there
just to fill needed holes; if something goes wrong please tell me here -
I'll try to help but without ANY warranty of any kind

Other than that - enjoy. Should work for all debian-like systems. :)